Make Antigua and Barbuda your choice for that Special Occasion!
Here are five reasons to say ‘I Do’ in Antigua and Barbuda:
- These islands provide the ultimate setting for destination weddings and honeymoons with some of the world’s most romantic and secluded locations, with all the facilities and expertise available ensure you get married without any problems.
- Your wedding can take place wherever and whenever you choose – from 6am right up until dusk at 8pm. Leave the cares and worries of everyday life at home and step into a relaxing world where all your dreams come true. Run barefoot on the sand, exchange vows on the deck of a sailboat or in a beautiful garden setting.
- For many the classical beach wedding is the only option. Antigua and Barbuda pride themselves on their pristine pink and white sandy beaches and with 365 to choose from, there is something suit every taste. It is perfectly possible to paddle your feet in the waves as you confirm your love, with the sound of steel pan bands in the background.
- For those looking for something off-the-beaten-track look no further than the famous Shirley Heights. Overlooking English Harbour, this location on an Antiguan cliff top offers breath taking panoramic views.
- The special wedding packages offered in many of the islands’ hotels means that the cost of a destination wedding can be had at just a fraction of the cost. Most of the hotels have special flower-covered gazebos in exotic gardens overlooking the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean.
It’s just so simple…….The following are the regulations governing marriage by SPECIAL LICENSE in Antigua & Barbuda:
Special Licence: There is no residency requirement for this type of licence and there is no wait time in order to obtain it.
Licence Fee: US$150/EC$405
Registration Fee: US$37/EC$100
Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate: US$10/EC$27
Marriage Officer: US$250
You Will Need:
1. VALID PASSPORTS
2. PROOF OF STATUS
Single: A declaration, signed within Antigua and Barbuda
Divorced: Original Decree Absolute which includes the seal of the Court issuing the Decree of certified copy of Decree Absolute
Widow/widower: Marriage Certificate and Death certificate of husband/wife
3. APPLICATION FORM
Filled out and signed at the Ministry of Legal Affairs on Queen Elizabeth Highway
4. PROOF OF AGE/CONSENT
Both applicants must be over the age of 18 years. If under, then written parental consent must be obtained.
Both parties must be present at the time of the application.
For further information please contact the Ministry of Legal Affairs, 1-268-562-0381.